Thanks to its nice weather, July in Paris is the month of festivals, concerts live. It is also the month of the Bastille Day (National Day) with its parades, fireworks and summer activities.
Paris weather in July
-min temperature: 14C / 57F
-max temperature: 24C / 75F
-average rainfall: 63 mm
The weather can be warm in Paris in July. Temperatures can rise during the day until 30C and sometimes until 35 C (86 and 95 Fahrenheit ). The days are long and often sunny but they can also be cloudy.
But dont be afraid, Paris weather is generally quite mild in July between 20 and 26 C (68 to 78 F).
Of course, it can always rain (the average rainfall is about 63 mm) and the weather could be stormy during the summer.
Meteo France can forecast an exceptional Heatwave until mid-July. The temperature can rise until 39C (102.2 F) during the afternoons. Nights can also be warm.
Get colder and drink water regularly.
What to wear in Paris in July? What to pack?
Spending summer in the capital of fashion? Find a list about what to pack to Paris
- Light cotton clothing for sunny days
- A windbreaker jacket
- Many T-shirts, for warm days.
- Sunglasses or visor for sun protection
- A sturdy umbrella that can withstand the wind.
- Swimsuit for swimmings
- Good walking shoes.
- Open and closed shoes.
- Summer clothes: Shorts, T-shirts, Polos
Things to do in Paris in July
- Have a walk in Montmartre district
- Go dancing in Seine river bank: every evening until late August, arenas in Quai Saint-Bernard fill with a crowd of dancers. Tango, salsa, waltz and rock and roll, all styles are on the Seine and its free.
- picnic in many parks in Paris(Monceau, Butte Chaumont, Luxembourg)
- Discover the coule verte, an elevated pedestrian zone which starts on viaduct des Arts. Under the Promenade there are many trendy shops and Art galleries.
- July is one of the best months to enjoy a Lunch cruise in Paris
- During the summer in Paris, there are many concert lives, festivals (Paris Plage, Quai dt)
Special events in Paris in July
- Tropical Carnival of Paris
More than 4,000 dancers, dozens of tanks from around the world welcome you for a crazy parade! Paris Tropical Carnival is back for its 18th edition in July 2019 in the streets of the 11th arrondissement of Paris.
- Bastille Day (National Day), parades, fireworks, dancing July 13th and 14th, 2019
This year, The celebration of 14 July 2019 starts at the time of the commemoration of the centenary of the Great War.
The former belligerent countries are invited to the parade on the Champs Elyses Avenue
In the evening, a Philharmonic concert is scheduled at the Champ de Mars, with a firework show on the theme of War and Peace.
For July 13th and July 14h, many concert live and parties are organized by firemen in their firehouses (Les bals des pompiers).
They are very appreciated by Parisians.
- Paris Plage
With this famous summer event in Paris, find beaches on the Seine bank, beaches activities (beach volley, mini-catamaran), free dancing lessons, concert live and other surprising events.